Home Gambling Las Vegas Court Gets Response From Nick Carter on Sex Claims

Las Vegas Court Gets Response From Nick Carter on Sex Claims

by DIGITAL TIMES
0 comment

[ad_1]

Posted on: January 15, 2024, 05:06h. 

Last updated on: January 15, 2024, 05:17h.

Backstreet Boys performer Nick Carter has disputed claims that he formerly sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl, according to a recent news report.

Nick Carter
Nick Carter, pictured above. The singer disputes the latest sex claims against him. (Image: X)

Las Vegas resident Carter, now 43, said not only was the sex consensual, but the claims are part of a conspiracy against him, Las Vegas TV station KLAS reported, citing court documents filed last week.

His younger brother, Aaron Carter, also had sex with the girl, the filings revealed.

The victim, identified as “A.R.,” said Nick Carter sexually assaulted her on his yacht and he told her to keep the “sexual abuse” a “secret,” the report added.

She filed legal action against Carter in August. Now an adult, the woman said the alleged sexual assaults took place in 2003.

Police chose not to investigate Carter for the alleged sex incident because A.R. said she was 18 at the time, according to the filings from Carter.

A.R.’s lawsuit tells a different story of the events — that Carter “knowingly provided alcohol and drugs to then-minor A.R. on this occasion and caused her to become intoxicated on his yacht.”

There were also charges Carter gave the girl human papillomavirus (HPV.) Carter denies the claims.

Second Victim Sues

In December 2022, another lawsuit was filed by Shannon “Shay” Ruth, claiming Carter also provided her with alcohol and sexually assaulted her when she was 17. She also claimed he warned her not to inform any person about the incident, according to KLAS.

Carter says he believes he never “even met Ruth,” and he’s “certain that he was never alone on his tour bus with Ruth, did not have sex with Ruth, did not grab her arm, and did not sexually assault or bully her,” according to court filings.

In a 2003 incident involving a third woman, Carter allegedly sexually assaulted Dream singer Melissa Schuman. Carter said the sex was consensual.

Alleged Victims Are Opportunists

Carter’s attorneys have responded to the allegations by claiming the women are “opportunists” who “set out to thrust themselves into the spotlight and destroy innocent lives.”

Because of the allegations, Carter and the Backstreet Boys lost $2.3M or more, his attorneys claim. That’s due to promotional events, endorsements, and a planned TV show getting canceled because of the negative publicity, KLAS reported, citing court documents.

While single, Carter reportedly dated celebrities such as Debra Lafave, Willa Ford, and Paris Hilton, according to Wikipedia. Carter has since married Lauren Michelle Kitt, a fitness trainer.

[ad_2]

Source link

You may also like

Search continues for 9-year-old New York girl who vanished in park – NBC New York

Popular Post

Heading Title

Copyright 2023 Digital Times. All Right Reserved.

Powered By